Wednesday, June 8, 2011

today's WORDS of encouragement...

I was evangelized to by a couple Jehovah Witness ladies today. They went through their spiel and I told them that I knew Jesus and was familiar with all the information on the tract they handed me (to which they seemed disappointed. hm, not the reaction I was expecting). One of the ladies, Gail, had actually stopped by one day before when I was sick and said she would come back (and she stuck to her word!). Anyway, their visit wasn't all that enlightening but she did read me a verse of encouragement from Isaiah that stood out to me because I studied that book all year in BSF (if you don't know what that is, you NEED to check it out. GREAT study!) It made me miss studying Isaiah, a book that became almost like a friend. When I came back inside from talking to the ladies I just had the urge to read through some of my favorite verses from the Isaiah study.....

"Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!" Isaiah 30:18

"See, the Sovereign LORD comes with power, and he rules with a mighty arm. See, his reward is with him, and his recompense accompanies him. He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:10-11

"If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday.The LORD will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings."  Isaiah 58:9b-12

"The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people’s disgrace from all the earth. The LORD has spoken.  "   Isaiah 25:8

" But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned;  the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior" Isaiah 43:1-3

"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor."  Isaiah 61:1-3

I learned so much through this study but what stood out to me most was that our LORD is faithful, He loves us so perfectly, and there is GREAT hope to be found in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment