Monday, June 13, 2011

monday's weekly menu...

I love finding a good new recipe, so that's the motivation behind sharing what we're eating...to help you find a new recipe or two. Just click on the underlined words and it will direct you to the recipe I'm using. So, here's what we're having for dinner this week...

Monday: Chicken Caesar Wraps (recipe below)
Tuesday: Ravioli w/ Homemade Tomato Sauce
Wednesday: Bistro Chicken w/ Mashed Potatoes (I find a lot of recipes on this website)
Thursday: Spicy Orange Chicken* over Rice
Friday: Pork Chops and Baked Sweet Potatoes
Saturday: Crock Pot Sloppy Joes (recipe below)
Sunday: Veggie Chili* topped with Avacado and Sour Cream and served w/ Corn Cake (recipe below)

*Tomato Sauce: I actually use a whole can of tomato paste and this recipe yields two pasta dinners for us. And I never use fresh Basil and it still tastes great :)
*Spicy Orange Chicken: I add Crushed Red Pepper after I get Syd's portion out to add a bit more spicy kick
Chili: I add a heaping spoonful of creamy peanut butter to any chili recipe I make. It may sound odd, but it's delicious. Also, I don't drain or rinse my beans and I omit adding water.

Chicken Caesar Wraps (so simple!)
-Tortilla or wrap of your choice
-Grilled or Pan Fried Chicken seasoned to desire
-Your favorite Caesar Dressing or make this one from scratch
-FRESH grated Parmesan Cheese
Layer and enjoy :)

Crock Pot Sloppy Joes (I took a recipe from a cookbook and made it my own and they are YUMMY!)
-1 lb ground beef or turkey
-1 sm Green Bell Pepper chopped
-1 Sm Vidalia Onion
-2-4 cloves garlic minced or through garlic press
-1 cup ketchup
-1 Tbsp + 1 tsp mustard
-1 Tbsp + 1 tsp vinegar
-1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
-1 Tbsp + 1 rounded tsp brown sugar
-1 tsp chili powder
-salt and pepper to taste
Brown meat with onions and garlic. Mix all other ingredients in Crock Pot. Add meat/onion mixture to Crock Pot (if it looks to thick add up to 1/4 cup water, too thin add up to 1/4 cup more ketchup) Cook on Low for 5-6 hrs or High for 3.  Makes about 4 servings

Cornbread Cake (got this recipe from a friend a few years ago and have not made regular cornbread since)
-1 Jiffy Cornbread mix
-1 Jiffy Yellow Cake mix
-3 eggs
-1/3 cup milk
Mix all ingredients, will be slightly lumpy. Grease baking pan. Bake on 400 - 410 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes. It will brown before it's actually done so if it looks done be sure to check the middle with a toothpick and it will come out clean when done. It may sink a bit in the middle. Can only know done-ness by toothpick test, not color.  Makes 8x8 pan of yummy-ness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment