Thursday, June 16, 2011

thankful thursday

so very thankful...
1. for my mom, grandma, and brother making a trip over here this weekend!!
2. for screens in windows. We don't have them at the moment and I am now appreciating all the screens I've taken for granted. And even though we're not opening our windows at the moment, I'm thankful for the time when we can have bug free fresh air flowing through this house :)
3. for time to read. Man, I had forgotten how much I LOVE to read. Any good book recommendations out there? I'm about to finish a book and don't have one to start when I'm done, agh!
4. for something to dream about. Josh and I have recently stumbled upon our dream house. At the moment it's completely out of our financial reach but believe me, we are exhausting every idea to put it within our reach. We didn't even know a house like this existed around us. So until it slips away and someone else snatches it up, it's fun to have something to dream about! And in the slight chance that this house is meant for us and God provides a way...well it needs a ridiculous amount of remodeling so the dreaming will continue times 1000 :)
5. for peace. God has really been impressing peace on my heart lately....just resting in the peace He provides, knowing that He is in control, relying on His faithfulness. I'm so thankful for peace :)
6. for good music. What is life without great music to listen to? I'm thankful that I can hear all the wonderful sounds of music. (Not to be confused with the Sound of Music, although I do love that movie). Josh and I were able to see David Bazan last weekend and I can't stop listening to his new stuff, so good! Cotton Jones opened for him and they were pretty awesome too!

No comments:

Post a Comment