Tuesday, June 28, 2011

thrifty tips for tuesday...

I decided that instead of making Tuesday's posts about the best deals, I'd make it just about thrifty tips in general. Whether it be a good deal, a freebie, or another way to stretch the budget around the house, I'd love to share with you my absolute favorite thing to do with money...SAVE it :)

Here are this week's thrifty tips...
Freebies:
Free sample of SHOUT Color Catcher

Free sample and coupons for Splenda

Free sample of Honey Nut Cheerios

Free sample of Carefree Liners

Store deals:
Best CVS deals (from Deal Seeking Mom )

Best Walgreens deals  (also from Deal Seeking Mom )
*they have a program called Register Rewards that is a lot like CVS Extra Care Bucks

Household tip:
Homemade Dishwasher Detergent
When we were in PA not long ago visiting Josh's family, my sister-in-law was telling me about her new venture of making dishwasher detergent. I decided to go ahead and give it a try. I looked at a ton of recipes and reviews on line and I mixed and matched a bit so here's what I'm going forward with...
1 cup Borax
1 cup Baking Soda (Some use Washing Soda)
1-2 packets of lemon Kool-Aid (unsweetened)
Fill rinse aid area with white vinegar to help from having a film on glasses
Use 1-2 tablespoons per load!
I'm super excited for this because the amount of ingredients I bought will last a LONG time and I only spent about $8 (which will turn out to be just pennies a load vs. approximately 20 cents a load with the liquid detergent we were using)

No comments:

Post a Comment