Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Thankful...

A friend of mine, Deanna, has a blog and often does "Thankful Thursdays" where she lists things she is thankful for that week, day, time, etc. I love the idea not only because I get to share with you great things God is doing but also remind myself of the many things I have to be thankful for on any given day. So, let's start today (although in the future I may stick with Thursdays because it has a nice ring to it :)....
1. I'm thankful for family :) As I get older, it becomes clearer to me how precious the people in my family are (biological and in-lawgical). Each with their own gifts, each with their specific things I love about them. I'm especially thankful to be living close enough to see them more often!
2. Speaking of family, I'm so very grateful for my Grandma Betty. Her birthday is today and I am so thankful that I have her in my life and in Sydney's life. She is one special lady. Any who knows her knows that she is a remarkable person that I am blessed and proud to call Grandma.
3. Sunscreen. Although today it's an afterthought, I'm thankful that next time I'm in the sun I will wear it and not be burnt ;)
4. Coffee. 'Nuff said.
5. Getting to stay home with Sydney. Although some of our days can be long and boring (the rainy ones, yuck!), and some days are spent in and out of time out,  almost every day home with Sydney is an adventure. We have fun quality time that I would not trade for anything. Here's a little bit of what we did this week.....

we made jewelry!
so focused!!
we had a picnic in our yard

a little play time in her room, and a lot of clean up time after
and talking to the birds and the trash men collecting our trash
(this is actually what woke me up this morning, awesome way to wake up :)





1 comment:

  1. Booz! I'm thankful for you and this blog! Love reading your thoughts - makes me feel like we like across campus from each other again. :)

    Love,
    Mandi

    ReplyDelete