Monday, June 27, 2011

my effort to win you over to the thrifty side....

Ok, if you have read my "deals of the week" posts and are not convinced at how awesome of a deal you can get with couponing, this is my one effort to win you over. Below is a picture of what I bought at CVS today....
 
So, guess how much I paid for this....
Well, let me just tell you that before I handed a coupon over my subtotal
was around $45 dollars BUT I only paid $6.38!!

Let me break this down for you so you can see how YOU can do it too!!

2 Liter Coke: $ .79 each (on sale)
Pringles: $1.34 each  (on sale)
*Coupon: $2off when purchase 2/2 liters and 2/Pringles (this was a hang tag on one of the 2 liters)
20 oz Coke: $1.79 each
*Coupon: Buy one get one free (got it from my popcorn bag this weekend at the movies)
Honest Tea: $1 each AND 2 Extra Care Bucks (ECBs) when you buy 5
*Coupon: I had 5 $1 off Honest Tea from Recyclebank (See below for explanation of Recyclebank)
Revelon Mascara: $2.19 (75% off)
*Coupon: $3 off any Revelon at CVS (received coupon in email, sign up HERE to receive coupons from CVS)
Sally Hansen Nail Polish: $1.85 (75% off)
*Coupon: $2 off Sally Hansen Nail Color (printed at the Coupon scanner at the store when I scanned my card)
Cristophe Shampoo and Conditioner: $4.24 each (75% off)
*Coupon: 2 x $2 off Christophe products (CVS coupon display hanging in hair care aisle)
Xtra Laundry Detergent: $1.49 (on sale)
Schick Intuition Razor refill: $8.99
*Coupon: $4.50 off refills (in Sunday paper) and $3 ECBs
Rephresh Tampons: $6.97
*Coupon: $1 off printable here and $6.97 ECBS
Adora Calcium supplements: $2.35  (75% off)

I paid with $17 ECBs and $6.38 cash. I also got $12 ECBs back. See, it's possible to get almost $50 worth of items for under $7!

***What is Recyclebank??? Recyclebank is a great program that rewards you for recycling by working with a variety of partners. You can add points in many different ways, answering quick questions, purchasing specially marked items and trading in your old electronics. Just go HERE to sign up for Recycle Bank to find out all the ways to earn and save!

No comments:

Post a Comment