Wednesday, July 27, 2011

words of encouragement...

I was reading ahead a bit in My Utmost for His Highest (by Oswald Chambers) and was really struck by this entry for tomorrow. It really challenged me. I am a planner and constantly thinking ahead and looking forward. It made me wonder...how many times have I missed an opportunity right in front of me because I was pressing forward to the next thing? how often do I walk right past the chance to see God at work because my eyes are on MY goal, not his? I want to be present. Right here, right now.  I liked this part....
"God is not working toward a particular finish— His purpose is the process itself. What He desires for me is that I see “Him walking on the sea” with no shore, no success, nor goal in sight, but simply having the absolute certainty that everything is all right because I see “Him walking on the sea” (Mark 6:49). It is the process, not the outcome, that is glorifying to God."
I don't want to miss seeing Him "walking on the sea" because I was looking for what he was walking toward or leading me to when the whole purpose is to know that He is walking on the sea!  Father God, help me to be present. Help me to see the process as the purpose. Help me to see what you are doing right now as the goal. Thank you for being so present with us that each moment is an opportunity to know you better and be closer to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment