Sunday, July 8, 2012

Why I love pinterest...

Have you ever visited the site Pinterest? Well if you haven't, you should. The latest thing I saw on there that I just had to make was this giant ruler growth chart that is actually a knock off of a Pottery Barn Kids growth chart. I decided with as often as we tend to move, that was the perfect kind of growth chart for our kiddos because it can move with us! So, I made one and it turned out pretty darn good.....

 Instead of just getting any piece of wood, I used a piece from the old garage at Josh's parents house which gives it a little more meaning :) I started mine at 6 inches up so the "ruler" looks 6 1/2 ft tall. I used a medium tip paint marker (wish I would have gotten the fine tip!) and I made some of the lines longer (like 1/4 and 1/2 inch) to look like a ruler. I didn't have stencils so I just printed off large numbers from Microsoft Works, cut them out, traced them in pencil and filled them in with the marker.  I love how it turned out and we got started right away measuring everyone....

she's geting too big!


Miles is so happy about being measured :)


And after that madness, we had a little crazy time with a Mr. Potato Head mouth.....

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! I love that you made it and its meaningful and BETTER than Pottery Barn Kids!! Ha!

    ReplyDelete